Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dorky Hats

I know lots of you loved my "Chick Magnet" NBC hat from Torino, so I have been looking for an equivalent here in Beijing. So far I have two candidates.

The traditional:



And the revolutionary:



Let me know which one you think will drive the women crazy.

I am now solidly on the midnight to noon shift, and unfortunately, I am still sick. I've just started some anti-biotics, courtesy of NBC medical, as a precaution against a developing bronchitis-like cough. It is probably just a virus, in which case the anti-biotics will be useless, but if I can do anything to nip this in the bud, that would be great.

It is also raining like mad here, and there were LOUD thunderstorms yesterday afternoon while I was sleeping. Loud enough to wake me, and strong enough to set off some car alarms in the parking lot next door. If it is still raining when I get off at noon, I may try to go shopping at the Silk Market, which promises to be an eye-opening experience.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitily think that the traditional hat will just "drive women wild" :P and I hope you start to feel better soon it would be unfortunate to be sick through the majority of your stay. I really hope you do get a chance to visit the silk market and that your usual courtesy does not affect ur ability to haggle or even worse let you be played as a sucker :P well good luck

p.s: in case you werent sure this is Connor:P

Anonymous said...

My vote is for the revolutionary hat. It says you have a 'bit of go' in you.

Anonymous said...

I think the revolutionary hat is more handsome but either will drive the women wild (with laughter). Get better soon.

Anonymous said...

Dad,

I like the revolutionary hat. Cause it's fuzzy.

Caitlin

Anonymous said...

Sean,

I think I like the revolutionary hat. Or none at all is good too!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I love the revolutionary hat, you have the "Zoolander" face going on! Step aside Brad Pitt...! Your pictures are amazing! Have fun!

Erika

Anonymous said...

I say go traditional. Not only does it say "he's sexy" , but with all the rain there, they'll be saying "he's sexy, and dry!!!"

legacygarage said...

My vote is the revolutionary... but....can you get it with some age appropriate white streaks .... :)

Anonymous said...

No contest: The revolutionary!

(Or maybe it's just the slightly wry or mischievous expression with the revolutionary hat that makes it better.)

James McLeod said...

Hey Sean,

I vote for the traditional hit. The revolutionary is just too Russion-looking for China.

Hope you are feeling better.

James

Lynne said...

I'm going to have to agree with two commenters. There is a glint in your eye in the revolutionary hat picture that sways the vote ... BUT ... I agree... too Russian. I vote for the pointy hat.

Lynne K

Sean McKinnon said...

The score so far is 7-4 for the "revolutionary".

The "glint" in my eye and the expression on my face is just me trying not to break out laughing...

Thanks for the Zoolander reference Erika!